Sunday, August 17, 2014

Week of August 17th-23rd

I am Capable. 

Good Morning, 

I hope everyone is resting up this weekend! We had a FUN and busy week last week. We learned new procedures, how to get around the new campus and A LOT about each other. I am working hard to help your child make friends and partnering them with different children for activities each day. We have talked a lot about what makes a good friend. How to introduce yourself and how to BE a good friend.

 This week we will be diving headfirst into our curriculum. We have Galileo testing all week, this is to get baseline scores on where each child is academically. It will tell me exactly what each child excels at and where we need to work. Please help your child by making sure they are in bed early and eat a healthy breakfast each day. Boy oh boy, was that transition from staying up late to being back on a schedule hard for anyone else last week????? I literally took a four hour nap yesterday and slept a full night. FEELIN' GOOD today!

I will introduce positive affirmations from time to time. Since we have Galileo testing this week our affirmation is: I am capable. We will be talking a lot about what it means to be capable. 

What's Up this week:

HOMEWORK: 

20 minutes of reading each night

Choose a book for the book report it needs to be a book they HAVE NOT read before :) 

There will be MATH homework every day this week. This will be in the form of book work which is about 15 problems or a worksheet. We will be practicing writing all the info in the agenda so you know exactly what the homework is for that night. The students will not be dismissed from class unless the agenda is filled out. 

 There will NOT be any spelling this week. Due to Galileo testing. We are also really working on our cursive in class this week. I will expect everyone to be writing everything in cursive by Halloween. (Except for spelling tests) This will be our focus for the next two weeks instead of spelling. 

Quarterly Book Report
Due September 26th

Please help your child choose a book to read from home this week. It needs to be a book they can bring back and forth to school each day. I will give them 10 minutes in class each day to read silently. I expect everyone to have a book by Friday. 

******I will send book report forms home next week. 

Help! I need some supplies. If you happen to be at the store this week I could really use gumdrops. I need a total of 5 bags. If I could have help with that I would GEATLY appreciate it. I need them by Thursday. If you can help out with that please send me an email. Thank you!!

I can't wait for week two. I have a class of amazing children. 

Love,

Ms. Tidwell







No comments:

Post a Comment