Sunday, November 30, 2014

December 1-5

In my humble opinion....one of the best Christmas movies ever. 

Merry Christmas Families,

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving break filled with family, fun, and turkey! Our Christmas Break is right around the corner, only three weeks of school until then! This upcoming week we will be taking our second official Galileo test. We have been focusing on the Science standards in class. I hope the kids feel confident. I am confident in them and their abilities. Please help your child be ready to focus for this test by getting a good nights sleep and eating a healthy breakfast. We will be reviewing Monday and taking the test Tuesday-Thursday. I am hoping we finish Pollyanna our Core Knowledge Literature book this week. If so then we can watch Pollyanna and compare the book and the movie for the last part of the day on Friday as a reward for testing. 

Galileo will be taking a lot of my class time this week because of this we will not have spelling homework or a test. I will also be testing each child's reading abilities one on one for the next few weeks. You will see the results of these tests with the next report card your child receives.

I love to incorporate academics and holiday fun at this time of year. I will need some donations to do this. If you are a soda drinker like me and frequent QT I need 24 large dome shaped lids. (The ones they use for slurpees) If you could grab a few when you go in and send them in to me that would be AWESOME. I like to use these for a writing project this time of year! THANK YOU! Here is a list of donations our class needs. If you could send them in this week by Friday that would be WONDERFUL!

Science:
THESE BOTH NEED TO BE Original BUBBLE GUM FLAVOR***
Bubble Yum- Sugar free gum 24 pieces AND Bubble Yum regular gum 24 pieces
- 2 boxes of Gobstoppers
1 pkg. Reeses, M&M's, Kit Kat

Writing:
Slurpee dome lids - 24 large

Reading:
Various candies for gingerbread house decorating ex. red-hots, m&m's, peppermints..etc
5 tubs vanilla frosting

General: Clorox Wipes

Healthy Note:
There have been some REALLY bad germs going around, we will be cloroxing the room at least twice a week to keep these germs at bay.


Reminder: The holiday market is two weeks away. Please make sure your student has their goods to sell! :)

Have a wonderful week! We will be working hard in class.

Love,

Ms. T








No comments:

Post a Comment