Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17-21



Dear Treasures,

I just want all of you to know...children and parents how thankful I am for YOU! I love being a teacher at ALA Gilbert. I truly believe it is the best school filled with the best students, parents, teachers, and staff. It is a wonderful thing to love your job. Thank you for being involved and supporting your students and ME! I know I can always count on you for help in the classroom and sending in donations. It means a lot to have parents invested in their child's education. I love coming to school each day and seeing all of my cute students happy and ready to learn. I love them so much! 

With that said...we have a lot of kids absent :( It is cold and flu season. I am doing my best to keep germs at bay sanitizing the classroom and washing hands. If your child has a fever please keep them home. It is much better for them to get rest. 



This year we are switching it up a bit in 4th grade and having a Pilgrim Pie Party! Please bring in a pie of your choice, ready to serve. (If you could cut the pie slices into it that would be SUPER helpful..then we can just serve the pie.) Any pie is perfect! We will be having our pie party with the other fourth grade classes just like the Pilgrims and Indians all brought food to share with each other on Thanksgiving. I will be sending a sign up via Volunteer Spot for plates, napkins, utensils, water bottles, parent helpers and pies! All are invited to celebrate with us. 

We're using VolunteerSpot (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activity.

Please sign up for Pilgrim Pie Party!

Here's how it works in 3 easy steps: 

1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/y8xqeL
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!

Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.


Spelling Words:

  1. statement
  2. state
  3. perhaps
  4. their
  5. they
  6. imprison
  7. written
  8. writ
  9. arrange
  10. ankle
  11. appears
  12. bracelet
  13. brace
  14. breathe
  15. breath
  16. calm
  17. circus
  18. consented
  19. continued
  20. continue
  21. dangerous
  22. debt
  23. dried
  24. dry
  25. exhaust
  26. exercise
  27. explosion
  28. grammar
  29. Indian

FIELD TRIP PERMISSION SLIPS DUE! Friday we will be taking a walking science field trip to the park. We will be observing plant and animal life.





No comments:

Post a Comment