Thursday, April 9, 2015

AZ Merit Week April 13th-17th


Have Courage and Be Kind

Dear Fourth Grade Families,

This next week is AZ Merit testing. There are a lot of things I have implemented to make this week go as smoothly as possible. Please prepare your child by helping them get a lot of sleep. I would like everyone going to bed EARLY if possible; with a book to read to keep their mind sharp and working but resting. Also, children need a full tummy for their brains to work correctly. Please make sure they have a yummy breakfast each morning a few good ideas are: oatmeal, yogurt and granola with fruit, eggs and toast etc. This will help them feel ready to do their best each day. I have asked for snack donations via last weeks email. Thank you to those of you who have already signed up! That helps me so much. 

I have some fun things up my sleeve for testing besides snacks to make the week go smoothly. I am excited for the kids to show us how much they have learned and how smart they are. I just know they are going to do great! We have all been working very hard! 

One of the fun things we will be doing is having a fairy tale week next week. We will studying different fairy tales, reading, writing and even doing some art! 


HOMEWORK

*No homework this week or spelling. HOWEVER, I expect the kids to go to bed early with a book to read so they can relax but keep their brain active! :)

INCENTIVE

I know it can be hard to get here on time some days! We will be starting the AZ Merit promptly right after announcements. I will have a morning "on-time" treat for every student that gets to school before 8:03! Those who get here late will not get the special treat.

PARENT LETTER

I sent a letter and envelope home last week. I will have these on the students desks on Monday morning. PLEASE return these by Monday 4/13. It would be so sad if someone didn't get one. Please talk about how special your child is and give them a pep talk of encouragement for the test. The kids LOVE this! 

It is going to be a great week! Let's all work together to help these kids be AWESOME!

Love,

Ms. T



No comments:

Post a Comment