Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29-October 3


Dear Families,

I can't believe it is only one more week until October Break! I have a lot of fun things planned for this week. We will be building bridges, doing some fun things with fractions, and celebrating reaching our class goal of 10,000 pages read so far this year! The kids have decided to watch a movie Friday. We haven't decided which one yet, we will vote today.  Also, a huge thank you to everyone who supported the Nacho stand at the carnival. We could not have done it with out your generous contributions to our class! A big thanks to the parents who helped work the stand it was so fun to get to talk with you for a few moments and get to know you! I think you are ALL wonderful parents, I can tell because I work with your lovely children each day.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I hope everyone has a fun and safe October Break. I will miss the chiddlers. 

**We have nachos and chips left over so Friday our class will enjoy nachos with our movie! 

With Love,
Ms. Tidwell


FRIDAY ASSEMBLY: October 17th Getting down to the wire!! 

Our class Friday presentation is October 17th. The week after October Break. I will be holding solo auditions Thursday. The kids will get a copy of the song to take home Tuesday with the parts they can audition for. It would be BEST if they have the part they want to sing memorized. Here is the link to the song and lyrics. We will also need props for this song. At the end the lights will go out and the kids will shine flash lights into the crowd. I'd like each child to bring a flashlight or glow stick to use. I will not collect these until the week after break. 


For our introduction for the play (since it is Halloween time) we are going to do a tiny piece to The Phantom of the Opera. I will also need a PHANTOM to pretend to play the piano VERY THEATRICALLY. There will be auditions for this part as well. This child will need to provide a phantom MASK and cape. 

Question: Does anyone have those cheap masquerade masks lying around? I just thought I would ask, if not I am going to order some from Oriental Trading company. 

ARE THERE ANY THEATER OR MUSICAL PARENTS THAT WOULD LIKE TO HELP ME WITH PRACTICES????? 

This is going to be SO fun!! I can't wait. 

Spelling Words: 
  1. explain
  2. floated
  3. ghost
  4. holiday
  5. holy
  6. knee
  7. lemon
  8. lying
  9. lie
  10. nails
  11. needle
  12. nobody
  13. oar
  14. palace
  15. penny
  16. regular
  17. repeats
  18. sailor
  19. sentence
  20. shining
  21. shine
  22. surface
  23. sweeping
  24. sweeps
  25. thief
  26. waist
  27. waste
  28. waiting
  29. weary
BOOK REPORT

Our next book report is a biography. I will be handing out the forms today just in case you want to get a head start over break. Book Report Due October 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment